Two more days until Elimination week starts! By now you have read Dr. Junger’s CLEAN and reviewed the “no go” foods. Now it’s time to start your pantry and belly prep. We all have “no go” foods in our pantry. The goal here is to toss them before the RECHARGE begins or if the shelf life endures…Details
- Plan and prepare your 3 meals: one liquid breakfast, one solid food meal for lunch, one liquid dinner; adding supplements as necessary. This will be easy with the HBHL Cook Book and Quick Guide.
- Follow the food guidelines to the best of your ability. Remember this is a temporary three weeks. If you want to go back to your old way of eating after the three weeks, you can. But you might not want to! You may find that nothing tastes as good as you will feel.
- Leave a 12-hr window between the last meal of the day and the first meal of the next day. Try not to snack in between.
- Ensure you have a daily bowel movement. This is REALLY important. Not only do you need to make sure you are consuming the correct vitamins and nutrients, but you need to make sure you getting the gunk OUT.
- Drink lots of water! You should urinate every hour. If not, drink more!
- Move. WALK! Park further away. Take the stairs.
- Rest. Get enough sleep every night, and breathe deeply all day long.
- Do yoga! Especially hot yoga as it is very detoxing
- Sit in the sauna
- Meditate! Clearing your mind, helps to clear your body
- Detox baths-more to follow on these…
- Dry brush your skin (it’s the largest organ in your body!)
- Exercise and get your lymph system moving (placing your hands above your head everyday helps the elimination and detoxing process)
- Hot/cold plunges (either in pools or just at the end of your shower turn the water as cold as you can stand it for up to 1 minute, then turn it as hot as you can stand it for up to 1 minute.. do this a few times before exiting the shower to detoxify through your skin)
- Massage… we all love this one. Ask your partner or schedule an appt with the masseuse each week.
Laugh! Enjoy the process and just think of how great it is to find that happy person inside!
Lubricate your intestinal tract: take 2 Tablespoons of olive oil every night before bed (Try regular olive oil if EVOO is too strong-tasting)
WRITE!! Add comments to the daily HBHL blog/facebook page to share how you are feeling. Journal about your experiences- chart your foods and how you slept the night before
Record your progress with photos! See the transformation by the end of the program, post them to our FaceBook Page!
Eat a clove of garlic every day- you can work this into your meals, or just eat a clove each night. Try it between two slices of an apple
LEARN! During the process read the CLEAN book (if you haven’t already) or read more about health/wellness topics.